The Wonderful World of Herbs can be yours with just a little bit of effort. We enjoyed this presentation by our member Penelope Welch Tuesday, December 9th at Weaverville Town Hall Community Room starting at 9:30. She presented ways to enjoy fresh and dried herbs every day in your home the easy way. Penelope, an avid gardener, shared easy and creative ways to use herbs, not just in cooking, but in home for pest control, air fresheners, and gifts.
She discussed which herbs are very easy to grow, which ones are perennials (most years) and how to preserve them for year round enjoyment as well as nutritional benefits.
You are invited to contact Penelope for any questions about growing herbs at her new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- FreshHerbs.com – culinary herbs and lots of great recipes; encourages use of organic herbs
- American Meadows – this website not only has wholesale herb seed prices, but also provides financial/gift support to many American gardens/institutions
- The Complete Book of Herbs by Lesley Bremness ♥
- Healing Herbs Cookbook, by Pat Crocker
- Herbs-Visual Guide by Lesley Bremnes
- Just a Matter of Thyme by Roxie Kelley
Regular meeting was held afterwards.