On May 13, 2014, at the Weaverville Town-hall, 9:30AM, our speaker will be Tom Ross, a retired meteorologist from the National Climatic Data Center, and current owner of High Country Nursery. He specializes in growing Japanese maples, conifers, roses and other landscape plants. With his knowledge, his talk will meld meteorology and horticulture.
Tuesday, April 22 at 9:30AM is the date set for the first Main Street gardens cleanup of the year. Volunteers are welcomed. Please bring gloves and any garden tools you want to use. For more information, please use the contact form on this site.
- Best Tools for Your Garden … and Keeping them in Shape by Paul Cremer, from Meadow Cove Farm and Evergreen Landscaping
- Miniature Gardens by Laura Carter, of Thyme in the Garden
- Organic Gardening by Ruth Gonzalez of Reems Creek Nursery
- Using stones in the garden by Joe Roberts, a local stonemason
- Member Gardens
- Asheville Botanical Gardens
Our April meeting will be on the 8th at 9:30 am at the UNC-Asheville Botanical Gardens on Weaver Boulevard in Asheville. Please join us to admire the lovely spring wildflowers as we are guided around by the garden staff. Get directions and more information at this website: Asheville Botanical Gardens